• EN
Student Visa

Student Visa


Expand All
Do I need to apply for a study visa?

Yes. In accordance with the Immigration Ordinance ,Cap. 115, Laws of Hong Kong, all international students are required to apply for a student visa prior to arrival. It is a mandatory that all exchange students apply through the EdUHK Global Affairs Office. The visa application form and application guidelines can be downloaded here.

How long will my application take?

Student visa processing time is normally six to eight weeks.

How much do I need to pay?

You are required to pay a total of HK$530, including visa application fee of HK$230 (US$29) and administration fee & courier fee of HK$300 (US$38). The payment is non-refundable.

When will I receive my visa permit? What should I do afterwards?

If your application is successful, an e-visa will be sent to your by email.

For international exchange students, you should ensure that you have received the e-visa label before departing for Hong Kong. When you arrive Hong Kong, an immigration officer will activate your student visa accordingly.

Should you fail to complete the above, you will only be regarded as a visitor in Hong Kong. This means that you won’t be able to undertake registration or start your studies at EdUHK until your student visa is activated.