• EN
Non-local Postgraduate students (International Students)

Non-local Postgraduate students (International Students)


Expand All
Are the qualifications awarded by EdUHK internationally recognised?

Yes, all qualifications awarded by EdUHK are internationally recognised.

Is it necessary to submit the recommendations?

It depends on the programmes’ requirement listed in the online application. For more details, please check the website of the specific programme.

Will I need to attend interviews?

Interview is not mandatory for all programmes and only some have interview arrangements. If applicants are invited to attend an interview, their performance at the interview will also be taken into account.

Is it necessary to pass the medical check before admitting to EdUHK?

Medical check is not compulsory in programme admission.  However, students are recommended to have their own insurance before arrival. 

Are there any scholarship offered to postgraduate/doctoral degree students?

The information on the scholarship and studentship can be found here. In Hong Kong, the HKSAR government provides Hong Kong PhD Fellowship to new full-time PhD students and you can click here for more details.

What documents are needed for opening a bank account?

Document required for opening a bank account depends on the banks’ request. Normally, all of the following documents are needed:

  • Passport with valid student visa,
  • Hong Kong Identity Card (if any),
  • Residential address proof (for both original country and Hong Kong),
  • Student ID card, and
  • Cash HK$100.
How long does the student visa application takes to be approved? Am I able to urge the visa application progress?

GAO will send your visa application materials to the Immigration Department of the HKSAR for review.  It normally takes at least 6-8 weeks to complete the process. Kindly note that June-August are the peak season for visa applications in the Immigration Department and therefore the visa processing time is usually prolonged. Students are highly recommended to submit their visa applications as early as possible.  After the applicants have submitted the required academic documents to Registry and the documents are verified to the satisfaction of the University, GAO will send the e-visa to students by email. 

Should I have any questions regarding the student visa application, who can I contact?

Please visit GAO website for more information. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us (Email: stuvisa@eduhk.hk; Enquiry number: (852) 29487654). 

I have some enquiries about the postgraduate/doctoral degree programmes. Is there any contact for enquires?

The Graduate School’s website is useful and the relevant contacts can be found there.