• EN
After selection

After selection


Expand All
After I have accepted an exchange offer, can I switch to another exchange institution/ country later?

Switching is not allowed generally after confirmation.

If I withdraw from the programme after accepting an exchange offer, can I re-apply in the next recruitment exercise?

Yes, but your future application will be given a lower priority. Meanwhile, all the subsidies and/ or scholarships will be forfeited immediately.

My host institution has asked me to submit an official transcript with my application form. Can I print the one from my Banner system?

No. An official transcript issued by the Registry is required. GAO will apply for the official transcripts on behalf of successful applicants. Students do not need to apply for one on their own.

I have heard that all outbound exchange students are covered under the EdUHK Group Travel Insurance. Am I required to purchase any further insurance of my own?

The EdUHK Group Travel Insurance Policy provides basic insurance for all UGC-funded and self-funded programme students. However, in view of the duration, you are still required to purchase your own insurance package covering the entire period of exchange overseas. You are advised to read what the EdUHK Group Travel Insurance Policy carefully and consider purchasing another private health and travel insurance that suits your personal needs, and it should include, but not limited to, the coverage of accident, travel and medical. In some cases, you may also have to purchase a compulsory insurance plan from your host institution or host country.

If I fail a course at the host institution, will this affect my programme GPA?

No, your programme GPA will not be affected. However, the course cannot be used to apply Block Credit Transfer.

Will I get a transcript of studies from the host institution?

Yes, after the exchange studies you will get a transcript of studies issued by the host institution showing all the courses you have taken. However, you will need to confirm with your host institution on transcript arrangement.