Prepare for Your Arrival
- Refer to your Admission Letter for detailed information on arrival arrangements. The Letter should have given you key information, e.g. when the semester and student hall check-in begin.
- Upon request, please provide GAO with your arrival details.
- Arrive before the semester begins and attend our Orientation Programme for Inbound Students.
Student-teachers must arrange travel and health insurance covering the entire period of stay in Hong Kong. Insurance should cover (but not be limited to) travel, personal accident, medical expenses (accident and non-accident), hospitalization and emergency evacuation/repatriation.
In view of the development of COVID-19, medical costs incurred due to coronavirus diseases and other related needs should also be covered by the insurance plan. Details will be provided via email.
Each student-teacher will be matched with an EdUHK student buddy, who will contact the exchange student ahead of the departure for Hong Kong and during the exchange period. Student buddies would provide care and support to student-teachers to help them adjust to the new environment and culture during their stay in Hong Kong. Get to know your buddy and don’t miss out this great way to make new friends while exploring Hong Kong and its culture.
- Check your emails regularly and read through all the documents and messages from GAO.
- Complete and submit all documents/forms as instructed by GAO, e.g. accommodation application and insurance.
- An “e-Visa” holder should save his/her “e-Visa” on a personal mobile device or print it on a sheet of A4 white paper for inspection upon request
Check with the airlines and confirm about the baggage allowance before you start packing the bags.
- Passport with valid student e-Visa (You must show your e-Visa to the Immigration Officer upon arrival in Hong Kong for activation)
- Copy of your personal insurance policy
- Admission Offer Letter from EdUHK
- Cash in Hong Kong Dollars and credit cards
- Regular medication (if any) and a copy of the prescription
- Clothing suitable for Hong Kong weather
- Extra pairs of shoes or clothing if you are above average size, which might not be as easy to obtain in Hong Kong
- Laptop (if any)
- Personal items are not provided by the student hostel, such as bedding, towels, tooth brush, tableware, dictionary, hair dryer, and conversion plug adapter (In Hong Kong the standard supply voltage is 220V). You can either bring the essential items with you or purchase in Hong Kong.