Summer Residence 2022
With the recent development of the pandemic, Summer Residence for 2022 will be open for application from eligible students with genuine needs for on-campus accommodation during the specified period to minimize the human flow in the hall community.
1. Eligibility: All full-time students of the University are eligible to apply for Summer Residence 2022.
2. Allocation Criteria and Priority: Available hall places will be allocated with the following priority which was approved by the Student Affairs Committee (SAC) in March 2020.
- UGC-funded full-time Research Postgraduate (RPG) students
- UGC-funded full-time Undergraduate (UG) students enrolled in courses offered in Summer Semester
- Other UGC-funded full-time Undergraduate (UG) students
- UGC-funded full-time Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) students
- UGC-funded full-time Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education HD(ECE) students
- Self-financed full-time students
3. Application Period: Applications will be open from 00:00 on 17 May to 23:59 on 23 May 2022. The online application form is available for access via iHostel system (log in to the Portal → Stu Affairs → iHostel).
4. Hall Places on Offer: In order to provide a safe and healthy, friendly and comfortable living place for students, Northcote Hall will be closed for proper utilizing the resources for facilitating the maintenance works throughout the Summer while Jockey Club Student Quarters will be partially open to accommodate Research Postgraduate (RPG) students Hall places on offer for Summer Residence 2022 are set out as below.
|Northcote Hall (NH)||Grantham Hall (GH)||Robert Black Hall (RBH)||Jockey Club Student Quarters (JCSQ)|
|Closed for maintenance works||Open for application||Open to RPG students only|
5. Result Announcement: Successful applicants will receive the conditional hall offers via iHostel system on 25 May 2022. To confirm acceptance of the hall offer, students should reply to the conditional offer in the iHostel system by 23:59, 30 May 2022 and settle all payment listed in the conditional offer and return the original bank deposit slip to SAO Service Counter, B4-G/F-01, from 26 to 30 May 2022 (09:00 - 17:00, except Sat and Sun) with his/her full name and student number written on the back of the bank transaction slip. In view of the pandemic situation, online payment is highly recommended. No cash is accepted by the Hall Management Section or the Hall Management Office of each student hall / quarters. All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
6. Please refer to the “Application Guidelines for Summer Residence 2022” (PDF) for the Residential Period, Weekly Rate, Payment Methods and other details.
Important notes to applicants
1. In view of the recent development of the COVID-19 pandemic, applications for Summer Residence are not encouraged unless with genuine needs for on-campus accommodation to minimize the human flow in the hall community.
2. Students who return from other countries or regions should conduct their compulsory quarantine/self-monitoring as required by the HKSAR Government (if applicable) off campus before check-in at their own cost. No allowances will be provided by the University.
3. All student-residents should observe the University’s latest COVID-19 vaccination/testing requirements for regular campus users and hall residents, and understand that the requirements will be subject to changes according to the pandemic development.
4. On the check-in day, all newly admitted student-residents should present the hardcopy of the vaccination records/test results and the medical certificate (if applicable) to respective Hall Management Office, and the photo of the negative test result (with date of test marked and the SID card placed next to the test result, PCR and RAT both are acceptable) to the Hall Management Office for verification purpose. For current residents who are required to check-in to other student halls, a negative test result is also required.
5. Same as the previous years, in order to provide a safe and healthy, friendly and comfortable living place for students and to proper utilize the resources for facilitating the maintenance works, Northcote Hall will be closed throughout the Summer while Jockey Club Student Quarters will be partially open to accommodate Research Postgraduate (RPG) students only.
Video Clip for Briefing Session on Summer Residence (11 May 2022) via Zoom [Video]
iHostel User Guide for Summer Residence [Video / PDF]